For some people, the winter months are a time of flaky scalps, dehydration, and dry skin. But if you're one of the lucky ones with normal to oily hair, it may be that your hair is just fine courtesy of its natural oil protection. However, for those that do suffer from dry hair in the winter months, clay may well be your saving grace.
What is Clay for the Hair
The beauty of clay and one that makes it particularly popular in the winter months is that the minerals found in the clay help to draw out the excess oil from the hair shaft while at the same time drawing moisture into the hair shaft. This gives a fantastic degreasing and moisturising effect on the hair via the hair follicles.
Clay is also fantastic for drawing out impurities and breaking down product residue. This helps clean and refresh the hair, which is particularly useful if you've been guilty of piling on the product. Clay is also fantastic for removing styling products, especially for those that use heat on their hair.
When used in conjunction with a clarifying shampoo and conditioner, it's a fantastic way to treat the hair, getting to the bottom of any problems and then nourishing it.
What are the Benefits of Using Clay in Winter
There are a number of benefits when using clay in winter. If you suffer from dry, damaged, frizzy or flaky hair, clay may well be the solution to your problems.
- Moisturises and Nourishes – The minerals and protein in clay nourish and moisturise the hair shaft. These two simple ingredients help give your hair the moisture and nutrients it requires, leaving it silky, smooth and shiny.
- Greases and Cleans – Clay is able to remove excess oils as well as product residue, dirt build-up and styling product from the hair and scalp. This is because clay has the ability to pull the dirt and oils from the hair and scalp by acting as a magnet and attracting the dirt.
- Draws Out Imperfections – When you have an oily scalp, clay is a fantastic solution for keeping excess oils at bay, drawing out the impurities and keeping the scalp as clean and healthy as possible. Clay can help to prevent excess sebum production and remove sebum build-up.
- Reduces Frizz – Clay helps reduce the amount of frizz that you may suffer by creating a layer of protection that helps shield the hair from humidity, preventing the hair from frizzing up.
- Fights airborne pollutants – Clay helps to fight off common contaminants found in the environment.
- Protects against UV damage – Clay helps to protect the hair from UV damage by absorbing damaging free radicals. Doing this helps to preserve the natural colour of the hair, keeping the locks their natural colour.
- Provides a thermal protector – Clays are a natural thermal protector that helps maintain your hair's body in cold conditions. In the same way, it provides protection against heat styling.
When the cold weather arrives, clay is a fantastic solution to many hair concerns. So, if you're suffering from dry, frizzy, damaged or flaky hair, clay may well be the answer you've been searching for.Are you looking for high-quality clay hair products? No. 113 is based in Melbourne, we provide products that deliver performance, longevity, protection, and provision. Shop now